Sunday, March 10, 2013



Where does this type of creativity come from? 


Watch the video here: http://youtu.be/dwC73nofeqM It doesn't seem to turn up in the post.

The software that I am using is in development. I participate in the small online discussion group around the software developer Eric Mootz, a gifted programmer. Thankfully his talents are not limited to engineering. He is a patient teacher. (Just for completions sake: softwares are Mootzoid, Softimage, Modo.)

To get the attention of my advertising clients and to show them my new skills I come up with samples. 

My mind works by rather personal associations. Often it overshoots the conventions of advertising. I can't help it and sometimes don't want to. It is a form of stubborn self expression. To be able to make a living in the field I am thankful for my technical talents and aesthetic sense. It compensates for the unconventionality of my associations. 

Recently I illustrated an image in which letters were formed out of fragments. That's where the metal balls came from. I also illustrated an image with a dog made of silver. So with both experiences floating in mind the animated dog arrived. First I though, there I am putting another hard one before myself. It will take for ever. My problem was to make the dog walk. I learned that animal legs work in similar cycles as human legs. Front and hind legs are synchronized in five ways to form the walk, trot, canter, rotary gallop, transverse gallop.  

An animation is only half alive without sound. Usually one would pick a song or readymade sound clip. For some reason my mind is closed to pop music, I just don't store or remember.  I can work with recordings of sounds of the everyday though. To find material I went to a website which sells such clips and searched for metallic, twinkle and other words, which attempt to put the qualities of sound into words. The sounds of chimes were well articulated, metallic and suggested that they are being made by many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment